The following fifteen pledges can profoundly influence our lives and help to set our hearts right and make a pledge to each other, to spouse, family, friends, associates, community, and nation.
We can also help to change the world utilizing the three greatest powers on Earth that humankind can assemble: the “power of love,” the “power of dialogue,” and the “power of the pen.”
- I pledge to engender loyalty and happiness in my life, in my marriage, in my family, and in my friends.
- I pledge to be a more loving and caring mother, father, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, and grandparent.
- I pledge to listen more, to be more patient, to be more attentive, and to give more of my gifts.
- I pledge to engender happiness in my home, my school, my workplace, my place of worship, and in my community.
- I pledge to exercise more compassion, more empathy, and more nurturing, and to be less judgmental about others.
- I pledge to strive for a balance between work and life, to afford my family and myself more time to rest, to relax, and to enjoy the “fruits of our labor.”
- I pledge to seek the ideal in all situations and to speak positively about fellow human beings.
- I pledge that when I am down, I will look to a higher “moral power” to imbue “happiness” and “joy” in my life.
- I pledge to stand with others when they are down, regardless of their race, culture, color, or creed.
- I pledge to seek the good in every situation and not to dwell on the evil that is seen easily.
- I pledge to care more for my spiritual, mental, and physical health.
- I pledge to seek higher spiritual ground, to be a deep thinker, and to entertain other schools of intellectual thought.
- I pledge to be more resolute in the things that I pursue and to be more determined to achieve my goals.
- I pledge to strive for “Optimum Happiness” (OH) in my life and share with others its “higher value” proposition than “happiness.”
- I pledge to seek to understand better the “oneness of humanity” and our mutual desire for love, life, hope, liberty, and happiness.
– Marjorie G. and Errol A. Gibbs
Optimum “Happiness Index” (OHI) Mantra
¹Extracted from: “Discovering Your Optimum ‘Happiness Index’ (OHI)” —A Self-Directed Guide to Your “Happiness Index” (HI) (Including Questionnaire and Self-Improvement [SI] Templates). © 2016 Errol A. and Marjorie G. Gibbs. All rights reserved.